Tuesday 28 August 2007

Coffee Morning was a great success


We had our GTG today the first meeting of our group to make the quilts for the Quilts for Kidss program. I believe it was a huge success, we had 12 people attend three from the local church group who although are not sewers donated $150 to us. We quickly decided to purchase a roll of wadding and a roll of visofix with this money



Much coffee and tea were drank. Jodie the muffins were a huge success everyone loved them and I have posted a photo as you requested. Happy to pass on the recipe if anyone wants it just email me. One of the ladies ( not a quilter I might add ) was amazed and said 'she even has a quilt on her table lol'. I told her that was because my table got cold. lol


People were more than keen to take fabric and begin making the blocks so we now have enough blocks distributed for a boys single bed a girls single bed and a cot quilt. One lady took fabric to copy the cot quilt I made and another lady took some blocks to assemble into a single bed quilt. I did a quick demo on how to apply applique and the ladies were all very enthused. Much laughter and chatting.


We have decided to get together the last Tuesday in September to see our progress and assemble any quilts that are ready to assemble. I am so please all in all the day was a big success and donation was much appreciated and very unexpected.


So from small thing may bigger things come I hope.

3 comments:

jodie said...

Looks yummy, thanks for the photo! I am glad the day was such a success.

Jodie

Suzy said...

Congratulations on a successful day - mmm those muffins do look delicious!

Suzy said...

Sorry you missed the blood moon - anad yes the tattoos are real!