Friday 31 August 2007

A New Idea for The Kitchen Curtain


What did I do today, not a lot really one of those off days I have. I did however make a new kitchen curtain.


Last week we had one of those bad kitchen mishaps. I had a fire. I had made Granddaughter a late breakfast, her and her dad had been up for the morning and she hadn't had any breakfast. I always find it is best to give my grandchildren what they like as it is less waste that way. Fish and chips she loves grilled fish. Cleaned up the kitchen while she ate it. then decided to put some steamed dim sims on for hubby's lunch so put the oil on the back of the stove and the dim sims on the front. Turned them on and went outside to sit and play. Next thing the fire alarm went off, so in I rushed and the oil was on fire, I had turned the wrong jet on. Son in law promptly lifts the burning saucepan over into the sink and turns the tap on. I thought everyone knew that water and oil don't are not a good combination, water and oil don't mix. Up went the flames burning my lovely net curtain.

Now how did I decide on the suncatchers for a curtain, well hubby bought me one yesterday just a cheapy and I thought hey I could make a heap of these and hang them on the window for a curtain. So that is what I have done, have run out of crimps so will finish them off tomorrow when I am minding the grandkids they can help.


Tonight is the first online live auction of my hubby's woodwork so if you have time pop in and check it out.



If not check out his woodwork for sale on

1 comment:

Birdydownunder said...

hi Christina...the Santa Cushion (your comment on my blog)only seems available from http://www.birdbraindesigns.net
Sorry about the fire, but glad it wasn't more serious.