Tuesday 20 November 2007

Quilts for Kids Update


While I haven't been writing of our progress with the Quilts For Kids, it doesn't mean we haven't been busy. I have a band of willing sewers and I have to work hard to keep in front of them.

We have finished five quilts, four cot quilts and one single bed quilt. We have three single bed quilts almost ready to quilt and we have7 other quilts in block stage some almost finished and some still a little way to go.

I have made a mosaic of the quilts we have finished. The bag is for the Southern Belle Lady quilt. Recently we heard of a local family who has a niece in the Royal Children's Hospital, she is three years old and just diagnosed with Leukemia. She faces years of frequent trips to hospital so we decided to present her Aunt with a quilt and ask her to pass it on to her niece. The only single bed one we had finished was this one so we hope she likes it. I made the bag and added the soft toy so that mum just has to grab the bag when she heads off to hospital.

1 comment:

Nicole & Phil said...

The quilts are lovely, and I am sure they will bring much comfort to the people you give them to!
Thanks for sharing.
P.S. can you tell me how to make a mosaic picture as well?
Cheers