Wednesday 19 September 2007

Another Quilt Top



I am waiting on the batik fabric to finish my heart quilt so the past couple of days I have been working on a new quilt for our bed.
I am addicted to swaps, although will be taking a 6 month break soon when the current ones are finished. Last year my redworks swap ( which was actually blue work) came back and I decided to make a blue and white quilt. The embroidered blocks are little comical garden creatures and I have used a white tone on tone in between as well as white sashing and borders. Plan to quilt a large daisy type flower in the centre of each white tone on tone block, and perhaps lines on the sashing, then the same daisy pattern on the borders joined by stems. I am a real novice quilter and hoping I can manage this, I am thinking I would do free motion quilting for the daisys if I am wrong please feel free to correct me and tell me the correct procedure.
I am trying to learn how to put my photos in a collage so this is my first attempt at this also so please advice will be gratefully accepted.
Christina

1 comment:

jodie said...

The quilt is looking good Christina. I use picassa for my photos (it is free) and you can create a collage there. Just like clicking on the button to blog or email. You select your photos and click on collage.

Jodie