Friday 21 September 2007

Scatterday But a bit early



Saturday is Scatterday but I am always a bit slow so decided to publish my photos tonight. This week the letter was B and so much easier than last week's Q. I had so much fun this week and no trouble knowing what to photograph.


My Favourite things ..... I collect Teddy bears so no problem here, well there was a problem deciding as have over 300 in various forms, stuffed, ceramic painted. I absolutely love my Bear Table, was the reason I learned to paint, wanted to paint it, took it along to my first lesson but the teacher suggested something simpler saying she thought I was a little over ambitious. The bear table painting is titled Group therapy as each bears leans on the next. On my Bear table is three of my favourite bears. Edward(Ted) Bear, he sits with his hat in front of him, I made him he is ceramic. Then there is Bear in a Box, given to me by my granddaughter Amy, very special to me. And my Bear plate a Franklin mint plate given to me by my daughter.


Shop.....Bakery a wonderful shop here in Myrtleford. Has the most delicious cakes pies etc, none of which I can eat as I have Coeliac Disease.None the less thought I would share this lovely shop with you.


Big Things....... The Big Tree a tourist attraction here in Myrtleford. Yes it is actually called the Big Tree. It is an ancient Red Gum, once a popular meeting spot for the local Koori people. It has a girth of 34ft 9 ins ( 10.6 meters) Height is 80 ft( 24.4 meters) Spread is 90 ft( 27.5 meters)


Can't wait to see next weeks letter and Category this is so much fun.

4 comments:

Michelle Watters said...

Great photos Christina. How useful having your own Big Thing in town! That bear collection must need it's own room.

Lindsay said...

That table is gorgeous! It's wonderful when you manage to make something you've been working up to for ages.

Pennie said...

That Big Tree has an enormous trunk doesn't it, much bigger than it looks like it needs to support the top. I never thought of Teddies and I have a rather large collection of them as well as Babushkas! cheers Pennie

Liz Needle said...

A beautiful tree. Don't they get huge. We have one near us that has a hollow trunk and a family actually lived in it while they built a house about 100 years ago.